Cute Australia Day Treats
Posted on 19 January by
Happy Australia Day!
Your little kitchen helpers will love getting hands-on to make these fluffy little koala biscuits. There’s no baking involved - just whip up some grey icing and get busy decorating those cute little koala faces.
• 1 cup (150g) icing sugar
• 1-2 tbsp milk
• few drops black food colouring
• 8 Milk Arrowroot biscuits
• 1-2 tbsp desiccated coconut
• 16 brown M&M’s
• 8 black jelly beans
• 8 white marshmallows
1. Sift icing sugar into a large bowl. Add milk gradually and combine to create a thick icing. Add food colouring very gradually until icing is desired grey colour.
2. Spread icing onto biscuits.
3. Sprinkle icing with coconut. Invert to remove excess.
4. Place two M&M’s for the eyes and one black jelly bean for the nose. Cut marshmallows in half horizontally and position two halves for the ears.
• Makes 8.
• A nifty trick for neat icing is to pipe a border around the edge of the biscuit and allow it to set in the fridge. Then you just fill the centre with extra icing.
• Make sure you sprinkle the coconut on while the icing is still wet so that it sticks.
• These Funny face biscuits are a great party activity for kids to make.
• If you love bunnies then these Iced bunny biscuits are an easy Easter treat.
• These Little cookie houses are a fun Christmas activity for little ones.
• You can make these Flower biscuits at the beginning of spring to celebrate the season.
• If you are a non-baker then these Birthday biscuits for school are a great take-along to celebrate.
• You can decorate biscuits to look like Easter eggs using this Easter egg biscuits recipe.
• This recipe was created for Kidspot, Australia’s best recipe finder by Greer Worsley, who blogs at Typically Red.