Return and Earn at Menai Marketplace
A convenient place to recycle your bottles
You can now bring your eligible empty bottles and cans to the Return & Earn reverse vending machine at Menai Marketplace for a 10-cent refund. The vending machine has recently been installed as part of the NSW Government Container Deposit Scheme to help reduce drink container litter.
How does it work?
Using a reverse vending machine is easy. Simply insert your eligible empty containers into the chute at the front of the machine then choose your preferred refund option.
Which containers can be refunded?
Most 150ml – 3L drink containers are eligible for the refund if they are made from:
- Liquid paperboard (cartons)
Which containers can’t be refunded?
- Plain milk (or milk substitute) containers
- Flavoured milk containers of 1L litre or more
- Pure fruit or vegetable juice containers of 1L or more
- Glass containers for wine & spirits
- Casks (plastic bladders in boxes) for wine or water of 1L or more
- Sachets for wine of 250ml or more
- Containers for cordials and concentrate fruit juices
- Registered health tonics
What condition should my containers be in?
Empty, uncrushed, unbroken containers with the original label attached are eligible for the refund. If your containers are not eligible please use a recycling bin.
How do I claim my refund?
- Claim your refund as a voucher redeemable for cash or a savings off your shopping at Woolworths
- Receive your refund electronically into your registered PayPal account
- Donate your refund directly to one of the selected charities
Where is it located?
The reverse vending machine is located in the Menai carpark near Plus Petrol, accessible via Allison Crescent.
For more information visit the Return and Earn website.